Do you follow the latest social media marketing trends?
Out of many arsenals in digital marketing, social media is one that truly gained a lot of traction across different industries- particularly in SMBs – throughout the past recent years. The world of social media, which is according to the latest reports have total active global users of 2.3 billion, is surely one of the richest niches that a business can tap into to increase its brand identity and acquire organic links in today’s competitive digital landscape.
That said, the world of social media continues to evolve and mature, and as such, many of the yesterday’s fads have now become a staple in the industry. And as the year 2017 slowly unfolds, the trends in social media marketing are here once again, ready to shape the way businesses engage with their huge followings this year onwards.
Ramp up your social media marketing strategy this 2017. Here are the key takeaways from the infographic below from CJG Digital Marketing.
- Live Streaming Platforms such as Twitter’s Periscope, Facebook Live and Instagram Stories will continue to triumph.
- More brands will use Chatbots to aid them in their customer service efforts.
- Ephemeral Contents such as those of Snapchat will continue to gain more popularity.
- More social media platforms will consolidate this year.
- Omni-channel marketing will become a need for marketers who only rely on social media to acquire organic traffic
- Virtual Reality and Augment Reality will start to dominate different social media platforms
- Brands will create more personalized content to build better relationships with their followings on social media
- More brands will leverage the power Social Influencers to extend their brand reach.
To learn more about the social media marketing trends of 2017, check the infographic below.
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.