Do you already use the Facebook call to action button?
Facebook is one of the leading platforms for social media marketing. It’s getting harder to reach the audience with the neverending changes or Facebook algorithm. However, it also brings some useful tools too, such as a call to action button.
It allows you to drive traffic to your website, encourages people to buy something, or converts them to your subscribers.
How to use a Facebook call to action button
Using the Facebook call to action button, you can direct people to any online page: your website, landing page, or another social media profile. It works on a business page or Facebook ads and has seven text options:
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
The research shows that the posts and ads with the call to action are more effective than simple text.
Deciding which call to action button to choose, think about what outcome you want. Some options include:
- When you want people to book an appointment for your service, reserve a spot at your event, get a place at your workshop, etc. use the ‘Book Now’ option.
- Use the ‘Contact Us’ call to action button to let them get in touch with you fast.
- ‘Use App’ button is the direct call to use your app. Send people to the page where they can download the app or the landing page where they choose the purchase option before downloading.
- The ‘Play Game’ button speaks for itself. It draws people to get involved in the games. Perfect for the gaming industry.
- Showcase your product or inform visitors about the sales. Use the ‘Shop Now’ button to encourage them to purchase from you. It’s a good solution for Etsy and Shopify shops or similar services.
- ‘Sign Up’ is the best when you want people to subscribe to your email.
- Add ‘Watch Video’ buttons to refer people to the video content. Videos are usually more engaged than text posts. Share the videos about your business or products, show how they will look like, or include testimonials.
To create the button on the page open your page and click on the ‘Create Call-to-Action’ button. Next, pick the most relevant text for your button and enter the URL.
Creating ads with a Facebook call to action button
As you know Facebook is very picky about what content to show to your followers and with the ads, you can make sure that more people will see it. Creating the ads lets you reach a wider audience. Here the call to action button makes it more efficient. Take a look at the difference between the regular post and the ad post.
The ad appears in ordinary people’s news feeds and will have the next format on different devices:
After you create the ad, selecting a call to action button will be at the bottom of the post. Keep it more simple and don’t overload with the text.
To make sure the post looks good, write the text about 90 characters and keep your link title under 25 characters. The best image size recommended by Facebook is 1200 pixels x 627 pixels.
Facebook call to action button is a powerful way to drive people from the page to your site. Track the performance of the call to action promotions on the Insights section of your Facebook page and monitor traffic that goes from Facebook via Google Analytics.
Do you have any questions about using the Facebook call to action button? Let me know in the comments, and I’ll clear things up.
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.