Do you know that moment when you start with the new social media, you count each subscriber, each view and it grows so slow?
Well, today you’ll get the smart tips from one of the well-known YouTubers to grow your YouTube channel faster.
We’ll talk about what you need to pay attention to when you start growing your channel and why having a good quality video isn’t enough for being discovered. You’ll get the tips on how often to post and how to speed up your growth.
In this episode, Sean Cannell shares how to grow from 0 to 1000 YouTube subscribers for your creative business.
Sean is a YouTuber, international speaker, and coach that helps entrepreneurs build their influence and income with online video.
Sean’s YouTube channels have over 700,000 subscribers, his videos have been viewed over 43 million times and he has been featured in the “20 Must Watch YouTube Channels That Will Change Your Business” by Forbes.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Sean Cannell
- [01:58] How Sean went from volunteering for video production in the local church to becoming a famous YouTuber
- [04:58] How Sean experimented with the videos in the beginning before he got clear what consistent message he was going to share
- [06:49] How to pick your first topics when you start a YouTube channel
- [10:38] The first steps that Sean would take if he would need to grow YouTube subscribers from zero
- [14:14] Why to do the research about the topics and plan the content before you create a video
- [17:52] The tools that will help you to find the right keywords and how to analyze which one to choose
- [20:27] How to grow from 0 to 1000 YouTube subscribers
- [24:15] The tips on how to send messages to people telling that you started a YouTube channel
- [27:24] The challenges that Sean had when he just started, and nobody knew him and how to stay encouraged when things won’t grow as fast as you expected
- [32:39] Why posting only one video each week during your first year maybe smarter than publishing more often
- [35:56] Your next steps that will help you to grow to 1000 YouTube subscribers
- [38:57] The story behind the video that helped Sean to get many subscribers
- [42:17] What people you can collaborate with and how to make things work for both of you
- [45:25] Where to find Sean online
- [47:48] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Things That Will Help You to Grow From 0 to 1000 YouTube Subscribers
- Post consistently. Then evaluate your every 10-20 videos analyzing what works and double down on those types of videos
- Search for the trending topics and create content about them
- Collaborate with other people around you to cross-promote each other
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Sean Cannell on seancannell.com
- Check how Chelsea Nicole use YouTube for her photography business
- Use keywordseverywhere.com, vidiq.com, Google Keyword Planner or keyword.io to find the keywords for your YouTube video
- Watch Sean’s video comparing Periscope vs Meerkat that fast became very popular and still high-ranked on YouTube and Google
- Learn all about creating videos and video marketing with Sean’s project Video Influencers
- Read Sean’s book YouTube Secrets
- Follow Benji Travis, co-author of YouTube Secrets book
- Follow Sean on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter