What does it take to leave everything and go for an exciting adventure across the country? How is it to drive across the states, volunteer for different organizations, and share it through social media showing your ups and downs?
Challenging, unpredictable, and exciting!
In this episode, Chris Strub shares how one person can create a lasting impact in 50 States within 100 Days.
Chris is the author of ’50 States, 100 Days: The Book,’ about his self-sponsored journey to work with a different youth-related nonprofit in all 50 U.S. states in 100 days.
Chris has worked with Humana, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and The Salvation Army USA, and writes for Forbes about how nonprofits can successfully leverage social media. As the ‘Giving Day Guy,’ Chris partners with giving days nationwide to help them create massive attention spikes on social media on their giving days.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Chris Strub
- [02:05] Chris shares how he quit his job and why he took a road trip to 50 states over 100 days
- [07:02] The challenges of his journey
- [10:26] Why he decided that the project will be 50 states in 100 days
- [12:06] How Chris planned his trip
- [15:11] How he started getting on different social media during his journey
- [17:36] The difficulties of creating content while you travel
- [20:47] How Chris almost gave up but still found the resources on the way to finish his project
- [23:38] The power of community and how people helped him
- [25:57] The volunteer experience that Chris had during the trip
- [28:44] The impact that the project had on his life
- [31:59] The future plans of similar projects
- [35:42] Where to find Chris Strub online
- [36:33] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Chris Strub on chrisstrub.com
- Read about Chris journey in his book 50states100days.com
- Some organizations that he worked with include The Salvation Army, Giving Day, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Learn how to turn your social media followers into your fans from Brian Fanzo
- Other people mentioned in the episode Madalyn Sklar, Mark Kaye
- Follow Chris on Twitter, Instagram
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.