Pinterest is a visual platform and if you provide any kinds of services then you probably still didn’t take it seriously as a marketing tool.
Our special guest today Megan Auman will turn this upside down. In this episode, we talk about how service-providers can use Pinterest to find more clients.
Megan will share how to leverage the visuals on Pinterest to drive traffic to your website or landing pages and convert people to the clients.
Megan is a jewelry designer, metalsmith, educator, and entrepreneur with over a decade of experience in selling art through a variety of channels.
A best-selling CreativeLive instructor, her designs have been featured in Elle Decor, Better Homes & Gardens, Cooking Light and on top-rated blogs like Design*Sponge.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Megan Auman
- [01:49] Megan grew up in the entrepreneurial family and started her business in 2007 passing a hard time of financial crisis in the US
- [05:54] How she started with Pinterest and made it work for her business
- [07:26] How Pinterest works for service business
- [09:05] What content to post on Pinterest
- [10:58] An example of how a life coach used Pinterest to find more clients
- [13:32] The tricks that will help you to drive more traffic from Pinterest
- [17:54] A content marketing strategy for Pinterest
- [23:18] How to promote your service on Pinterest
- [25:16] A better place to ask for the sale is your website, not Pinterest
- [27:13] A step by step plan on how to leverage Pinterest to get more clients
- [30:01] Where to find Megan online
- [31:10] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps That Will Help You to Find More Clients on Pinterest
- Step 1: Think who your ideal client is and what types of content is interesting for him or her
- Step 2: Create a bunch of different boards and start pinning the content from your website
- Step 3: Always have a call to action on your site so people who come from Pinterest would know what you want them to do
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Megan Auman on meganauman.com
- Join Artists and Profit Makers community
- Follow Megan on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.