You know those days when you get on a Zoom call and you look like a panda with dark circles around your eyes because of a terrible light or when you download your call and the audio sounds bad. From now on forget about that.
Today we’re gonna solve all these problems. I got a brilliant guest for you – Larry Becker.
In this episode, Larry Becker shares how to always look great on camera for your video calls like Zoom, FaceTime or Skype.
With more than 2 decades on camera, Larry produces business videos for clients and coaches entrepreneurs and executives to be their best on camera.
In an unexpected turn of events, Larry’s book, Great On Camera, was released in the middle of the Coronavirus lockdown and his tips videos for being better at Zoom meetings gained national attention, beginning with a feature article in USA Today.
Now Larry is busy every day, coaching the exploding population of executives on camera, and providing media interviews on the topic as well.
You will learn:
- Larry worked with many successful media companies like B&H, Canon, Tamron, and others being on camera a lot so he started writing his book Great On Camera putting all his experience there right before the coronavirus pandemic
- Start working on your stuff today so when the opportunity comes you’ll be ready for your success
- A checklist of what you need to take care of to look great on camera for your Zoom calls
- How the position of your camera can change the whole look
- How to look great on camera even by simply wearing the right clothes
- When you need to buy some extra equipment and when you can use what you have
- For the extra light get flat light panels and/or LED light and use Larry’s tips on how to position them to have a great video quality
- Larry uses Canon 80d for filming and streaming his video calls
- How to film yourself on camera with an easy-to-make teleprompter
- Tricks on how to look great when you create a welcoming video for your company
- The mistakes that you want to pay attention to look great on camera
- Three steps that will help you to look great on camera on your next Zoom call
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Larry Becker on greatoncamera.com
- Read Larry’s book Great on Camera
- Use a microphone like Movo LV1 for a better audio quality
- Use basic video editing and screen recording software like ScreenFlow or a pro software like Adobe Premiere Pro for your video production
- Follow Larry on YouTube
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.