You know, I like to bring you practical tactics and I often test what our guests share before or after the interview.
And I so much wanted to share this one with you because I’ve done a new speech using these technics literally preparing a few days before it and got great feedback. Everybody loved it.
The idea of using a story journal for speaking is so awesome so I couldn’t miss the opportunity to bring you our guest today. This technique is a go-to tool for small events and workshops. Also, it’s very practical for big stages and will help if you want to become a TEDx speaker.
In this episode, Eric Edmeades shares how to be confident to speak anytime with your story journal.
He will teach you how to use your life stories in speaking, how to organize them to be able to find the right one when you need and how to be able to give a good speech even if someone will ask you about it a night before.
Eric is an internationally recognized business speaker, film producer and serial entrepreneur.
Eric’s varied business background includes mobile computing, medical simulation, augmented reality gaming, 3D camera engineering and Hollywood special effects.
Eric is also the founder of WildFit and the creator of both Inception Marketing™ and Business Freedom™ — a business ownership methodology that empowers you to own a business that doesn’t own you.
You will learn:
- Eric was terrified to do public speaking but his desire to have an impact became stronger than his fear
- How he started a story journal
- If you had an emotional response on the situations happened in your life start collecting those stories and putting into a story journal
- How to organize your stories in a story journal
- How to plan your strategic objectives before you give a talk
- How to use the same stories for different talks
- How to start and end a talk
- The fear of public speaking is often cut in half the first time the audience laugh on one of the jokes
- How to use stories that you’ve heard or read in your speeches
- How to practice your stories to be able to share them any time
- How to craft a signature talk
- What an emotional impact per minute is and why it’s important
- How Eric gave a talk that people asked him to give one night before the talk
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Eric Edmeades on ericedmeades.com
- If you are interested in food and health check another Eric’s company getwildfit.com
- Watch Eric’s talk at Mindvalley The Hindsight Window: Master Your State Of Being
- Follow Eric on Instagram, Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
- Follow Marina on Instagram
- Follow Marina on YouTube
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.
Leave a Reply