You will be surprised how simple it can be to create an online course. Based on your knowledge think about people who you can help and the solution you can provide them.
That’s already enough to launch your online course even this week.
In this episode, Jason Van Orden shares how to create a profitable online course.
He will share will you how he launches the courses and having people to buy them even before creating anything.
Jason helps thought leaders to reach a larger audience with their ideas, create new income streams from their expertise, and build business models that align with their values and goals.
As a consultant, trainer, and strategist, he draws from more than fourteen years of researching top Internet influencers and experimenting with his own personal experience.
His experience includes creating multiple successful brands, launching over 60 online courses, teaching more than 10,000 entrepreneurs, generating 6 million dollars in online course sales, and 8 million downloads of his podcast.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Jason Van Orden
- [01:54] Jason combined his several passions, and that turned out to an internet business, coaching and creating online courses
- [05:07] Why and how he started several podcasts at the beginning of his online career
- [06:37] What to begin with if you want to create a profitable online course
- [08:17] How to adjust an online course to the audience so they will buy it
- [10:50] How to plan the content for an online course
- [14:46] How to give more value in an online course that will allow you to charge more for it
- [16:30] How Jason launched an online course within three weeks and how you easily can do the same
- [21:11] An example of how the framework of creating a profitable online course works
- [23:22] How to create a digital online course
- [27:28] One of the biggest mistakes that people make when they create an online course
- [28:58] An example of creating the yoga course
- [31:07] Why Jason wouldn’t recommend running Facebook ads for your first online course
- [34:17] Where to find Jason online
- [35:21] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
How to Create a Profitable Online Course in 4 Steps
- Know your audience – Who do you want to sell and be specific with the audience you create a course for?
- Define the outcome – What is your audience’s ideal outcome?
- Suggest your signature solution – How are you going to guide your students from where they are right now to that outcome?
- Deliver – What experience will your students have with your online course? How will you package it?
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Jason Van Orden on jasonvanorden.com
- Use Zoom for hosting an online meeting with your students
- Try Teachable for selling your online courses
- You can test a course keeping files in Google Drive or Dropbox and use Google Presentations
- Get a guide on how Jason launched an online course in under 3 weeks and generated 15k from a tiny email list
- Follow Jason on Twitter, Facebook