Just think about it. You wake up in the morning, do your daily routine, check your social media and emails, go to work, have meetings, go back home to your family, spend some time with them, do your work again then go to sleep and the next morning you repeat everything.
I believe you’re special. You have your unique talent. And in this episode, Antoine Dupont shares how to discover your talents and gifts that make you unique.
Antoine has helped entrepreneurs grow their businesses through online marketing for almost 20 years.
As the Founder and CEO of Katapult Marketing, Antoine spends every day helping business owners to compete and win in their industries, using up to date and effective marketing strategies and tactics that get results.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Antoine Dupont
- [02:18] Paris born Antoine started his career working in a French restaurant, then traveled a lot and settled in the US where he started his businesses
- [04:16] In 2001, Antoine opened a digital marketing agency, doing website development
- [06:21] The life of the entrepreneur so busy and goes fast that sometimes you may feel that something is missing
- [07:01] People don’t buy what you do or how you do it, they buy why you do what you do
- [08:43] People usually make the decision about their career very early at 17-18 years old about what they supposed to do, but often it’s influenced by the family and society
- [10:16] When Antoine was looking for his uniqueness, someone told him that he is a competitor and this is what resonated with him
- [12:09] Many people are in jobs or doing things that are not a good fit for them
- [13:02] To find out what is your uniqueness do an audit of your life
- [14:07] Ask people who you interact with what your strengths and weaknesses are
- [17:25] Take a strength finder test to find out your top 5 strengths
- [18:44] Don’t try to fix your weakness, be self-aware of it, go all in on your strengths
- [19:58] A big mistake is when you try to be everything to everyone
- [23:06] How understanding that Antoine’s talent is to be a competitor changed his business
- [27:07] When you will ask people about your strengths and weaknesses you’ll see the pattern in what people tell about you
- [29:37] What you need in a team are the people who compensate for your weakness
- [32:03] If you really uncover and you’re grounded into what you want to do and what you were meant to serve stick to it
- [33:36] Antoine’s motivation “Why” he gets up in the morning every day
- [35:30] Where to find Antoine online
- [36:32] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Things That Will Help You to Find Your Uniqueness
- Think about: What do you meant to be? and Who do you meant to serve?
- Ask 30-40 people around you what your strength and weaknesses are. They may tell something new about you.
- Summary all the answers and apply that to your life, doing what you love the most.
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Antoine Dupont on antoinedupont.com
- Watch the Simon Sinek’s TEDx presentation about the Golden Circle
- Follow Antoine on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter