As an entrepreneur, the last thing you want for yourself is to get stuck with your content production and editing.
Learn what the basic equipment you need for making videos with your phone, and what to upgrade if you want to, how to fast edit videos with the phone apps, how to create the stunning thumbnails that will attract people who search for your content and many more.
In this episode, Justin Brown shares how to easily make videos with your phone like a pro.
Justin is a Netflix-featured producer and video marketing specialist helping entrepreneurs leverage the power of online video to build and scale their businesses.
After 20+ years in professional video with top-level credits on international film, documentary, and extreme sports productions, Justin created the Primal Video YouTube channel, growing it to a multi-six figure automation-driven online business.
Together with his brother Mike, he now teaches their systems for creating quality videos, growing a targeted audience and monetizing your influence at PrimalVideo.com.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Justin Brown
- [02:05] Justin have been working in video production his all professional life. As a result, he started his video production business
- [03:57] Start filming videos with the phone and if you want to upgrade Justin shared the equipment that can be useful when you create videos on the phone
- [08:28] Justin’s video creation process which is different from what most people do
- [11:19] The advantages and challenges of the back and front phone cameras
- [14:31] The apps, that will help you quickly edit your videos on the phone
- [17:54] How to film if you want to repurpose your video for different social media platforms
- [20:46] Why Justin picked YouTube as his primary social media platform
- [22:31] Planning process of filming several videos at one time
- [24:09] Different platform from where Justin dives traffic to his YouTube channel
- [25:58] How to create the stunning thumbnails for your videos
- [28:22] How to create a catchy cover for the video thumbnail
- [29:55] All Justin’s editing process now done by the assistant
- [32:32] One big thing that stops you from having the successful video channel
- [35:50] Where to find Justin online
- [36:57] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Recommended Equipment and Apps:
- Microphones Boya BY-M1 and Rode VideoMicro
- Arkon Tripod with Phone Mount
- Stabilizer DJI Osmo Mobile 2
- Light Aputure Amaran AL-M9
- Apps for editing on iOS phones iMovie, Adobe Premiere Rush, LumaFusion
- Apps for editing on Android phones Adobe Rush (2019), PowerDirector
- A wireless screen-mirroring application Reflector
- Phonto app for creating thumbnails on iOS and Android
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Justin Brown on primalvideo.com
- Justin’s processes and templates to grow on YouTube, build an email list organically and increasing revenue streams:
- Follow Justin on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.