In the episode #78, we talked with Rand Fishkin about how to optimize your blog post for SEO to get on the first page of Google. It is a useful guide on how to use SEO now.
However, it’s still too confusing to keep up with all Google updates.
Let’s get through the most common SEO mistakes that prevent your blog from getting higher positions in the Google search result.
In this episode, Sam McRoberts shares how to find and fix the most common SEO mistakes (even if you’re non-technical).
Sam is the founder & CEO of VUDU Marketing, has been doing web design and online marketing for 20 years, and specializes in SEO audits and strategies for companies such as HTC, Microsoft, Nokia, Getty Images, HostGator, Goodreads, and Amazon.
Sam is the author of Screw the Zoo (#1 Amazon bestseller in self-help), a book about escaping from the mental and societal cages that keep us trapped, and is a contributor for Inc. and Entrepreneur.
Sam is also a digital nomad and a big fan of flag theory, and has traveled around the world non-stop with his wife and son for the last 18 months and counting.
You will learn:
- The new updates of the Google algorithm that emphasizes creating quality SEO content
- How Google can know if your article serves the needs of a person who searched for your topic
- How to find the topics for the website with the related questions and queries that people search for
- How to use Instagram and Facebook ads to increase the reach of your content
- Why copying another website structure can hurt your SEO
- How to better optimize links on the home page
- How to use Google Analytics to find where people come from, what posts they visit on your site, and from what pages leave
- Why it’s important to set up the conversion tracking for your checkout and lead form
- On mobile devices, your site should load within 2-3 seconds. Google will ignore the sites that take more than 5 seconds to load
- The apps that will help you to optimize your website
- How videos and audios affect your SEO
- Three common SEO mistakes people make and how to fix them
- What to do with an old content: rewrite, delete or leave as it is
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Sam McRoberts on vudumarketing.com
- Use Ubersuggest or SEMrush to see what people search for
- Find out the questions that people look for by using answerthepublic.com or buzzsumo.com
- Test your site speed on gtmetrix.com
- Follow Sam on Twitter
If you use WordPress for your website:
- Add a plugin W3 Total Cache to speed up your site
- Install Smush plugin to optimize the website images
- Use Yoast plugin for better SEO optimizations
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
- Follow Marina on Instagram
- Follow Marina on YouTube
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.
Leave a Reply