Have you ever wondered how to get paid even before you start work?
In this episode, Jonathan Stark shares how to get paid 100% up-front.
We’ll get into the details on how to ask about getting paid 100% up-front, how to overcome the common obstacles like if a client says, ‘it’s expensive’ and how to get this deal.
Jonathan is a former software developer who is now on a mission to rid the world of hourly billing. He is the author of Hourly Billing Is Nuts, the host of Ditching Hourly, and writes a daily newsletter on pricing for independent professionals.
You will learn:
- Jonathan worked in a company where he was getting paid hourly which he didn’t like so he started his software developing company and started asking to get paid 100% up-front.
- How to set the price to be comfortable to ask for 100% payment up-front.
- What to do with a fear of rejection when you raise your price and ask to get paid 100% up-front
- For getting paid 100% upfront you need to have brand awareness and have clients trust you
- What to do to have a better chance for clients to pay the whole payment up-front
- Don’t work with clients that you don’t like
- How to deal with the client’s objectives when you sell
- What to do when people say it’s too expensive
Resources from this interview:
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.