A viral video is any video that is spread rapidly through online sharing. Nowadays, a video called viral when it hits more than a million views.
It seems like the virality depends on other people and if they will or will not share your video. But is there anything you can do to help it go viral?
Actually yes. Learn how to plan, test, and promote your video to make it go viral.
In this episode, Jay Davis shares how to make a video go viral.
Jay is the CEO of Creatably an ad agency that specializes in helping startups achieve phenomenal growth. They do this through disruptive marketing campaigns that focus on unexpected content and proprietary distribution.
You will learn:
- How Jay started with YouTube and discovered the power of viral videos
- The key factors that help a video go viral
- How Jay created a viral video based on the idea of the Fruit Ninja game and the case studies of other viral videos
- Instead of copying others think about how you can do things differently and combine unexpected
- How to plan a viral video
- When you make a viral video for marketing, not only educate people about your product but also entertain them
- The difference in promoting a viral video when you made it for marketing where you expect to get profit vs for spreading a meaningful idea where you don’t sell or promote your business directly
- Why it’s easier to make a video go viral on LinkedIn
- Why it’s a bad idea to cross-promote your content on different channels and send people from one social media platform to another one
- How to get more organic reach
- How to promote a video after you created it
- How to test and analyze the data that will help your video go viral
Resources from this interview:
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.