Creating and launching a membership program isn’t enough, you need to bring people in, and it’s better to do that even before you start your membership program.
In this episode, Janet Murray shares how to market a membership program.
Janet is a marketing expert, podcaster, author and international speaker who helps entrepreneurs and creatives get better at marketing so they can make more money. Over the past five years she has used content marketing to build a large and loyal online audience.
She is also the founder of the Media Diary and Media Diary Owners’ Club – a membership community for entrepreneurs and creatives who want support to create high-quality content – and do it consistently – throughout 2019 and beyond.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Janet Murray
- [01:51] Janet was a journalist that led to hosting workshops on how to pitch media and then to teaching content marketing
- [06:03] How she launched a membership program and the other ways of how she helps entrepreneurs to get more sales
- [09:28] The benefits of running the membership program
- [10:33] The difficulties that people face when they launch a membership program
- [12:55] How to plan your content and events that you can host for your community members
- [15:26] How to keep people stay for longer and make managing easier for you
- [17:11] How often to post a new content
- [19:13] Create a roadmap for your members that will lead them to achieve the milestones
- [21:14] How to grow your audience and get people to the membership program
- [25:12] The marketing tactics that helped Janet to grow the membership community
- [27:27] How to market a membership program with free content
- [29:39] Janet hosts the open days for her program to attract more members
- [31:30] What Janet would do differently if she would start all over
- [35:37] The long-term plan for a membership program
- [38:09] Where to find Janet online
- [38:50] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
How to Market a New Membership Program to See the Results within Next 90 day
- Step 1: Think about how many people you want to get into your membership program within these 90 days
- Step 2: Build an audience before launching
- Step 3: Launch a Beta version of the membership program for example to 10 people and see what works and what doesn’t, then do a big launch
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Janet Murray on janetmurray.co.uk
- Check an Audience Calculator
- Follow Janet on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.