People tend to overcomplicate things. Let’s make your business processes more simple and effective. Once you’ve done it, you can automate your business in many areas.
Our special guest Greg Hickman got a tip from his coach to leave only one thing in each step of the business model he used. I watched the video where he shared that a few months ago.
Within a month I saw the traffic growth and now spend less time on Pinterest as a big part of the process is automated.
While I’m still experimenting with it, listen to the episode and see how you can simplify and automate your business processes.
Greg is a marketing funnel strategist, coach and founder of System.ly, a marketing automation consultancy working primarily with service providers, consultants and coaches to productize their services and automate both their sales and fulfillment systems.
Greg has helped design and implement systems for businesses such as Entrepreneur on Fire, Jon Loomer, Chris Ducker, Jay Baer and other market leaders.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Greg Hickman
- [02:20] Greg started his entrepreneurial path in the mobile business, but worked with customers that he didn’t really enjoy working with
- [04:02] He began using marketing automation tool InfusionSoft and got in touch with many well-known online entrepreneurs
- [06:35] Greg saw the entrepreneurs were using the tool but had many trials and frustrations, and he could help use it more effective
- [08:08] How formula to six-figure business works
- [10:30] From 10-15 sales offers Greg’s company went to one offer
- [11:22] They picked Facebook as one traffic source
- [13:05] It may be scary to choose only one of everything but once all start working you’ll be okay with that
- [15:01] Pick one traffic source and go deep in all of its features
- [16:41] Look at the things that you’re already doing and see what processes you can automate
- [17:37] Everyone already has systems in your business, but sometimes we don’t realize that
- [20:18] How to automate the traffic source
- [21:56] Before you automate anything you need to simplify it first
- [25:03] Before clients schedule a call with Greg and his team they need to watch several videos to come prepared for the call
- [26:11] One of the difficult questions for entrepreneurs is where do you want your business to be? They don’t know what they want
- [27:25] A big mistake that people make is automating before doing everything manually
- [28:35] Create the automation process by recording each step you do and creating the checklist for that
- [30:38] Once you’ve simplified your business you can add new offer or traffic source, but the whole system still will be the same
- [32:30] Why you lose when you pick one social media as one source of traffic and try to stream the same content to many others
- [34:39] Where to find Greg online
- [35:17] For the show notes go to IntNetworkPlus.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Use the formula to six-figure income to simplify your business and automate business processes:
- One target audience
- One offer
- One conversion method
- One traffic source
- Follow this for one year
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Greg Hickman on system.ly
- Register for Greg’s webinar to learn the systemized business framework
- Try infusionsoft.com
- Follow Greg on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.