Instead, mix what you’re interested in with the particular niche and audience. The more specific you get, the easier it is to build your tribe.
In this episode, Alex Jimenez shares how to turn your passion for traveling into a profitable business.
She picked packing tips as a niche for her travel blog, and it turned out into a successful business.
You will know how Alex grew her blog audience in the beginning and what channels she uses nowadays to market her blog. Also, you’ll get tips on how to monetize your blog and what mistakes to avoid.
Originally from Los Angeles, Alex has been traveling around the world since 2008. Living out of a single carry-on suitcase, Alex’s nomadic lifestyle combined with her business background gives her a unique packing perspective which has propelled Travel Fashion Girl’s popularity enabling her to live as a digital nomad blogging on the road.
You will learn:
- How Alex quickly grew her travel blog in the beginning
- How to blog for people and then optimize for SEO
- Why Travel Fashion Girl site succeed and how important it is to focus on the niche
- How she uses a Facebook group to build the community and drive traffic to the blog
- How to manage a Facebook group to keep it engaging
- How Alex uses Facebook Live to grow her audience
- How repurposing content helped her to grow her social media channels
- When and how Alex started monetizing her blog
- How she makes money out of her blog now
- Why she doesn’t work with sponsors and when she has the exceptions
- Why you shouldn’t do what everybody else is doing
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Alex Jimenez on travelfashiongirl.com
- Get tips on how to pack lighter on compassrosetravelaccessories.com
- Follow Alex on Twitter, YouTube
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.