When you build your active presence on Instagram use all its tools which mean also leverage Instagram Stories. Learn what to post there, how to drive people to your site, how to grow your email list and how to even sell through Instagram Stories.
In this episode, Tyler McCall shares Instagram Stories hacks that help to convert your audience into clients.
Tyler is an Instagram and social media marketer, strategist, and coach for creatives and online business owners.
He teaches his students how to use Instagram with the intention to grow their community online and grow their business.
Tyler focuses on using Instagram and social media to tell stories, build relationships, and convert followers to fans, drawing from his 10 years of experience in non-profit marketing and management and community organizing.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Tyler McCall
- [02:01] Tyler worked in the non-profit world when he started experimenting with Instagram and then switched to the full-time Instagram consultant and educator
- [04:15] How he managed his time on Instagram before and how it changed now
- [05:24] How to engage with people on Instagram
- [08:02] Why to put effort into Instagram Stories if they go out so fast
- [09:07] What works and what doesn’t work on Instagram these days
- [11:45] What content to create for Instagram Stories
- [14:12] How Tyler showed his daily routine on Instagram Stories
- [16:07] Why it’s better sometimes to use Instagram Stories than Instagram Live
- [17:14] How to balance business and personal stuff on Instagram Stories
- [19:31] How to use direct messages to connect with people and get them more engaged with your account
- [23:11] How to use direct messages to collect emails
- [26:21] How using Instagram Stories will help you to sell
- [29:26] How Tyler plans the content for Instagram
- [32:42] Analyze what works better on Instagram to produce more of such content
- [36:17] Where to find Tyler online
- [37:28] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps to Make Your Instagram Stories More Effective
- Step 1: Define what audience you want to reach and how you can impact their lives in a positive way
- Step 2: Pick 2-3 types of Instagram Stories that you’re going to commit to and create consistently for the next 30 days
- Step 3: Pick a couple of key metrics that you are going to track as a way to determine whether or not what you’re doing is effective and start monitoring those to see how your content performs
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Tyler McCall on tylerjmccall.com
- Get Tyler’s The Instagram Roadmap
- Check the episode Instagram Marketing Strategy That Works with Jenn Herman
- Check the episode How to Grow Your Audience with Instagram Live with Alex Khan
- Follow Tyler on Instagram