As the business owners, writing is a part of our routine. We constantly write the emails to our clients and subscribers, blog posts and other stuff.
You will know how to overcome the writer’s block, how to write that people will care about what you wrote and the copywriter’s tricks to write better and sell more.
In this episode, Wes Gay shares the copywriter’s hacks that help to write persuasive marketing copy.
Wes Gay helps companies create clarity from chaos, and he finds the right words to help businesses grow. As a copywriter, marketing consultant, and entrepreneur, Wes has helped companies of all sizes discover clarity in their marketing sales and create copy that works.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Wes Gay
- [01:37] Being unemployed and the lack of work inspired Wes to get deep into the copywriting and turned it into a business
- [05:20] When to do your copywriting and when it’s time to hire a copywriter
- [08:14] How to overcome a writer’s block
- [11:42] Start writing with the problem that people have
- [12:49] Include one call-to-action that you want people to take
- [15:31] The key factors of using call-to-action link that help to sell
- [17:36] How many times to use call-to-action on the page and the tricks that people often miss
- [22:47] The tricks and tools that will help you to be a better writer
- [29:33] Be direct and confident in asking when you sell
- [33:16] How much it cost to hire a copyeditor
- [34:36] How Wes writes a sales copy
- [39:05] Where to find Wes online
- [40:27] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
The Structure of the Powerful Sales Letter
- Come up with a subject line
- Write about the problem that your audience has
- Write about the solution
- Add call-to-action
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Wes Gay on wesgay.com
- Get Wes’s free guide Slogans That Sell
- Get Licensed as a StoryBrand Certified Guide
- Use Grammarly and its add-on for the browser to check your grammar
- Use rev.com or temi.com if you prefer to talk first and do transcription that you will transcribe and convert to the emails, blog posts, etc.
- You can find an editor on upwork.com
- Read Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
- Follow Wes on Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.