Podcasts are very popular now. It’s much easier to become a podcast guest rather than do many guest blogging. The thing is even if you have the expertise it doesn’t mean that people would want to interview you. There are small but important steps that will help you to get much more bookings than another person with the same experience.
In this episode, we’ll talk about how to be a podcast guest that everyone wants to interview.
You will know what to do even before you try to get on any podcasts and the tactics that will set you above many other experts. We’ll talk about six places to quickly find the right podcasts. And then, how to pitch the hosts and have a big chance to become their podcast guest.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode
- [01:56] What to prepare before you start reaching out the podcasts
- [05:27] Get ready with your topics and questions for the interview
- [09:26] Where to find out the podcasts for being a guest
- [13:06] How to find the contact details of the host
- [14:16] How to pitch a host and have more chances to get accepted as a podcast guest
- [19:51] An interview day: How to be a great podcast guest
- [23:07] What to do after your interview got published
- [25:49] My podcast outreach experiment
- [27:49] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
6 Steps to Easily Get Booked as a Podcast Guest
- Step 1: Get a media page
- Step 2: Find the podcasts that you want to pitch
- Step 3: Write an email to a podcast host telling how you can help his or her audience
- Step 4: Interview day: Have a good mic ready and be in a quiet place, bring value to the audience
- Step 5: Give a call-to-action at the end of the interview to drive people to your resources
- Step 6: Help to promote an episode
Resources from this interview:
- Services to find host’s email hunter.io and rocketreach.co
- Get a good mic for recording Logitech USB Headset H540 or Blue Yeti USB Microphone
- Use HubSpot.com system to manage your podcast outreach
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.