The effective way to learn more about anything is to ask the best people in the industry, those who directly involved in what you want to know and can share the experience with you.
But if you do that go further, share what you know with others. It will position you as an expert too.
In this episode, Paul Smith shares how to become one of the world’s leading experts by interviewing people.
Paul is one of the world’s leading experts in business storytelling.
He’s one of Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Leadership Speakers of 2018, a storytelling coach, and bestselling author of the books Sell with a Story, Lead with a Story, and Parenting with a Story.
He holds an MBA from the Wharton School, is a former consultant at Accenture, and former executive and 20-year veteran of The Procter & Gamble Company.
You will learn:
- How Paul came up with the idea to write Sell with a Story book
- Why Paul did so much research about sales
- How he picked people for interviewing and how he reached out to them
- What were his expectations on the projects and how that turned out
- How long it took him to interview people and write his books
- How he became one of the world’s leading experts and how it impacted his life
- Why he picked only one person to interview for his next project and how different it will be
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Paul Smith on leadwithastory.com
- Read Paul’s Sell with a Story book
- Read Paul’s new book The 10 Stories Great Leaders Tell
- Follow Paul on Twitter, Facebook
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.