It’s always interesting how people made it from having an offline business to expanding it online. You may already create the content that aligns with your business to serve your audience. Now, think about how you can turn it to the online income.
In this episode, Frederick Van Johnson shares how to build an online empire with multiple income streams.
Frederick is a professional photographer, a passionate entrepreneur, and marketer. He is the host and Editor-in-Chief of “This Week in Photo,” one of the world’s most popular photography podcasts, and founder of the TWiP PRO Community, a highly engaged army of photographers.
A prior employee of Apple, Frederick was also instrumental in the development of iPhoto, Apple’s award-winning photo management application.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Frederick Van Johnson
- [02:05] How Frederick started as a photojournalist in the United States air force, worked for Apple and Adobe, and spent ten years working on his This Week in Photo podcast
- [05:46] How he balanced his love for photography and online empire
- [07:20] When and how the podcast started bringing money and expanding more to other online products
- [10:39] The variety of income streams that Frederick has in his online business
- [16:31] How Frederick built his online empire
- [20:27] The tools that help Frederick to automate part of the processes of the online business
- [25:50] The tips on how you can grow from sharing the content to building an online business
- [32:26] The worst entrepreneurial moment in Frederick’s business
- [35:11] Doing what you love will help you succeed
- [38:09] Where to find Frederick online
- [39:49] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
7 Services and Products to Add to Your Business to Get Multiple Income Streams
- Advertising on the platforms where you create the content for your audience (podcast, blog, etc.)
- Online courses
- Membership program
- Sponsor videos that you share with your community
- Represent famous brands as the ambassador
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Frederick Van Johnson on thisweekinphoto.com
- Join the community of other photographers
- Check the photography courses on school.thisweekinphoto.com
- Scheduling apps that will help you to automate online business Calendly.com and AcuityScheduling
- Project management tools Asana and Trello.com
- Automate your sales process with PipeDrive
- Follow Frederick on Twitter, Facebook
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.