People like to post interesting and exciting things that happened to them. Be the one in the industry which creates an extraordinary experience for clients so they would want to talk about you.
You will know how to improve the experience of working with you, will get examples of how it worked for other companies and inspiration to try in your business.
In this episode, Dan Gingiss shares how to get people to share about your business on social media.
Dan is an international keynote speaker and consultant who believes that a remarkable customer experience can be your best marketing. He has held leadership positions at three Fortune 300 companies – Discover, Humana and McDonald’s.
Dan is the author of the book, Winning at Social Customer Care: How Top Brands Create Engaging Experiences on Social Media, a host of the Experience This! Show podcast and a regular contributor to Forbes.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Dan Gingiss
- [01:49] Dan worked for 20+ years as a marketer in the corporate companies and only recently decided to become an entrepreneur
- [04:44] How he started specializing in customer service
- [08:28] What motivates people to share about your business on social media
- [11:44] How to make people talk more about you
- [14:20] How to find where to improve your customers’ experience based on the example of the credit card company
- [19:01] An easy way to make your client’s experience better
- [21:30] What people miss when they want to make people share about your business on social media
- [26:51] The trick that a spirits company used to make people share about them on social media
- [30:31] The simple thing that you would enjoy in the hotel at night and how even small things helps people to remember your business and share with others
- [34:28] The story of the hilarious email that Dan featured in his podcast
- [36:30] Where to find Dan online
- [37:52] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
How to Get More People to Share About Your Business on Social Media
- Step 1: Look through each step of your existing experience working with clients from beginning to end
- Step 2: Find the opportunities to improve it to be even a little bit more memorable toggle people a reason to talk about you
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Dan Gingiss on www.dangingiss.com
- Listen to his podcast on experiencethisshow.com
- Create a memorable experience for clients
- Listen to the episode that Dan mention Creating Unique Experiences Through Exclusivity and Humor
- Follow Dan on Twitter, LinkedIn