The story behind the video that went viral by itself on YouTube because it touched the hearts of millions of people.
She was a teacher with a big dream to change the world. And to make her dream come true she put her life experience into the short video with the message to be kind to others.
There were fears, discouragement, and no clear plan of how to grow it big. But she passed all of these and it was the beginning of her non-profit organization.
In this episode, Orly Wahba shares how to make a viral video that gets millions of views and changes people’s life.
Orly is an educator, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, author and community activist, passionate about inspiring and motivating people to make the world a kinder place.
In 2011, Orly founded Life Vest Inside——a non-profit organization with a mission to inspire, empower and educate people of all backgrounds to lead a life of kindness.
Life Vest Inside gained international acclaim when Orly’s award-winning film Kindness Boomerang went viral, receiving over 30 million views, landing her a spot at TED2013.
You will learn:
- How Orly came up with the idea to film Life Vest Inside
- Why and how she started her non-profit organization and what role Life Vest Inside video played in launching it
- How to make a viral video when you have a meaningful idea that worth sharing, but no marketing or business experience
- How Orly planned and filmed her viral video
- Why it took her 1 year before she uploaded a video on YouTube
- How to deal with the challenge when people around you don’t believe in you and what you do
- What helped a video go viral
- Orly’s expectations when she was making a viral video and how it impacted her life and company
- What she would do differently if she would start a similar project these days
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Orly Wahba on lifevestinside.com
- Other Orly’s projects danceforkindness.com, kindnessboomerang.com, projecthopeexchange.com
- Watch Life Vest Inside viral video
- Read Kindness Boomerang book
- Listen to the episode How to Make a Video Go Viral with Jay Davis
- Follow Orly on Facebook, Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.