Organizing an event outside of a city and maybe a country is so interesting and exciting.
Consider that as an adventure where people will get valuable information from you, different insights and will have a great time.
In this episode, Kat Sanford shares how to organize a retreat or transformational event.
We’ll cover how to plan your event, how to price it and market to the right people there.
Kat has worked in the events industry for more than 18 years planning a little bit of everything from large corporate events to smaller, intimate workshops and retreats.
She works with entrepreneurs to create retreats that produce results and transformation and provides retreat planning and retreat marketing strategies.
In addition to working behind-the-scenes to support her clients, Kat is also a speaker and trainer, and hosts retreats for women entrepreneurs.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Kat Sanford
- [01:53] Kat planned the events for medical device company when after working overtime she realized that there is more in life, so she became an entrepreneur
- [03:58] What to start with to organize a retreat
- [05:36] Get clarity on Why, What, and the results you’d like to get
- [07:47] Don’t limit yourself with popular locations. There are so many other beautiful and interesting areas
- [10:03] The ideas for the retreats and transformational events
- [14:12] How to plan a retreat
- [17:51] How to set the prices
- [22:13] How to market a retreat
- [26:54] How to collaborate with others to market your event
- [29:09] The benefits of the smaller events
- [32:17] Where to find Kat online
- [33:28] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps to Better Organizing Your Next Event
- Step 1: Know the outcome you want to get
- Step 2: Understand your audience and what they like and looking for
- Step 3: Pick a date for your event
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Kat Sanford on katsanford.com
- Want to explore hosting a retreat? Get on Kat’s calendar
- Follow Kat on Facebook, LinkedIn