From the very first time people see you, they analyze if you are a trustful person and if it worth dealing with you. We’ll go through the main points of using a body language in your daily communication as well as using it on stage, and even when you film yourself for social media.
In this episode, Mark Bowden shares how to use body language to influence people.
Voted #1 Body Language Professional in the world for two years running Mark trains groups and individuals on how to use their body language to stand out, win trust and gain credibility every time they communicate.
As the founder of communication training company TRUTHPLANE® his clients include leading business people, teams, and politicians, presidents and CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and Prime Ministers of G8 powers.
He is a bestselling author of 3 books on the subject of body language and human behavior, with his first book Winning Body Language now translated into five different languages.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Mark Bowden
- [01:58] Mark shares how he started specializing in body language
- [04:49] How people judge each other even before talking
- [07:33] How to make a better first impression and show up as a trustworthy person
- [11:35] Practice your body language with friends and family to feel comfortable in the important situations
- [14:13] How to use body language when you sell something
- [18:02] It’s easier to sell when you use buyer’s body language
- [21:44] The body language that will turn you from the pushy scary seller into the one who smoothly leads the person towards the sale
- [26:10] What’s going on in your brain when you speak from the stage and how to overcome this fear or speaking
- [29:53] How to use body language when you speak from the stage
- [32:02] Give up on any ideas that you will get your public speech right
- [34:46] How to use body language when you do the video recordings or live streaming
- [37:50] How to host more energetic webinars
- [40:12] The trick that will help you to look more social and open when you do online videos
- [44:51] Where to find Mark online
- [45:51] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Powerful Ways to Use Body Language to Influence People
- Use open body language to be nice and warm
- Deliver your service to a potential customer like a friend: hang out and have a chat, ask what they are looking for, explore the world with them and direct towards the sale
- When you give speeches and surrounded by a crowd of a new people use a body language of confidence and open palm gestures. Practice that with your friends to be ready to express it in any situations
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Mark Bowden on truthplane.com
- Sign up for the free training Winning Keynote
- Follow Mark on Twitter, Facebook
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.