A keynote speech is a speech that sets out the central theme of a conference.
You will know a difference between a keynote speech and the other types of talks, what elements to include there to encourage an audience to take action, and how to market yourself through keynote speech.
In this episode, Kristina Paider shares how to write a keynote speech that encourages an audience to take action.
Kristina has helped people in 34 countries and in seven languages achieve meaningful results. With a multi-billion dollar track record, Kristina uses the time-tested techniques and secrets of journalists, researchers and screenwriters to help authors, speakers, and leaders elevate their work.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Kristina Paider
- [01:39] Kristina started as a journalist and learned screenwriting, but then changed her career and became a writing coach
- [04:50] The difference between a keynote speech and other types of speeches
- [07:36] How to plan content for a keynote speech
- [10:19] Be authentic. You already have everything you need to do it
- [13:04] The types of stories to tell and how to measure their length to fit the time of a keynote speech
- [16:59] To write it down or outline? How to organize your content
- [19:42] How to outline a 60 minutes keynote speech to include what you want and be on time
- [23:17] Practice your stories before you go on stage
- [25:03] How to adjust a keynote speech for a new audience
- [28:58] How to market yourself through a keynote speech
- [34:06] Kristina’s story of picking a niche for a company speech that helped generate $2,000,000
- [40:05] Where to find Kristina online
- [41:08] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
5 Steps to Preparing a Keynote Speech that Encourages Audience to Take Action
- Go with what you know, what natural and organic to you
- Map out the math and the structure of your speech
- Develop the script
- If you add a call-to-action make it super simple
Resources from this interview:
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.