Even people who’ve been in business for a while still not considered as experts, even more, those who are just starting.
Let’s fill this gap and start building your expertise and authority in the industry.
You will know what to start with if you want to position yourself as an expert, how to build the trust with your audience and how to get exposed to the new one so you could build your tribe.
In this episode, Meera Kothand shares the fast way to grow from newbie to position yourself as an expert.
Meera is an email marketing strategist and 3X Amazon best-selling author of the books The One Hour Content Plan, But I’m not an Expert & Your First 100.
She is also the publisher of MeeraKothand.Com, an award-winning site listed as one of the 100 Best Sites for Solopreneurs in 2017 and 2018, and the popular CREATE Planners.
Using her unique Profitable Email System™ and ADDictive Business Framework, she makes powerful marketing strategies simple and relatable so that small business owners can build a tribe that’s addicted to their zone of genius.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Meera Kothand
- [02:04] After Meera’s daughter was born she followed her passion for writing and started a blog that turned out to a business
- [05:11] Be clear from the beginning about what you want your brand to be about
- [07:35] Launch as soon as possible. Don’t wait till you write 20 blog posts or shoot 50 videos
- [09:08] What to do if you are not sure what niche you want to focus on or how you want to grow
- [10:43] What content to create to start positioning yourself as an expert
- [14:54] How to build your credibility faster
- [17:24] What content to produce for other websites
- [19:27] How to grow your expert status
- [23:09] Get in front of other audiences to get more traffic to your site
- [25:59] How to pick the sites for guest posting
- [28:43] The quick way to gain credibility when you are just starting out
- [30:52] Where to find Meera online
- [31:29] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps to Grow Your Expert Status Within a Week
- Step 1: Pick the niche that overlaps between the knowledge and skills you have and where you think you can make a mark
- Step 2: Pick 3 sites or podcasts that you think you can borrow credibility from
- Step 3: Write the pitching email and send to those blog owners or podcast hosts
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Meera Kothand on meerakothand.com
- Read Meera’s book But I’m Not An Expert!
- Follow Meera on Twitter, LinkedIn