At one point in your business, you will need to delegate part of your work. You probably heard about the virtual assistants that you can hire from the Philippines.
It’s not as easy as it may look like. So I invited our special guest Jaime Jay to share with you the process that his company uses to find the candidates and the recommended steps to take for you as an entrepreneur if you want to hire one.
In this episode, Jaime Jay shares his 6-Steps Formula to Hire a Virtual Assistant from the Philippines.
Jaime is the founder and managing director of Bottleneck Virtual Assistants.
Together, with an amazing team, they offer professional growth opportunities for ambitious leaders by creating an efficient and systematic approach to identify, hire and cultivate team members who focus on specific roles and responsibilities.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Jaime Jay
- [01:56] Jaime took his first entrepreneurial steps at 12 years old and then as an adult he started turning into a business everything he would work on
- [04:33] How he started working with the virtual assistants
- [06:19] What to choose to a hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines or your own country
- [08:16] What quality of the virtual assistant work depends on
- [13:24] What to look for in the person who you plan to hire
- [17:01] As an entrepreneur spend your time on what gives you energy and delegate the rest
- [18:38] What to start with if you want to hire a virtual assistant from the Philippines
- [21:40] There are many companies out there who can help to hire a virtual assistant. Search for them and compare before you make a decision
- [25:36] The signs that the virtual assistant isn’t the right fit for you
- [27:34] Go through several interviews before you decide to hire a virtual assistant
- [29:53] For how long to hire an assistant and probationary period
- [31:31] How much to pay to a virtual assistant from the Philippines
- [33:51] Before you hire anyone don’t make the decision right away do your research and interview different people
- [34:41] Where to find Jaime online
- [35:11] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
6-Steps Formula to Hire a Virtual Assistant from the Philippines
- Step 1: Write down everything that you do during a day and decide which of them you can delegate
- Step 2: Search for the virtual assistant companies who can help you to hire the virtual assistant form the Philippines
- Step 3: Conduct several interviews with the candidates
- Step 4: Give a test to the candidate and have a confirmation interview
- Step 5: Set and review your agreement whether it’s 3, 6 or 12 months
- Step 6: Choose your virtual assistant
Resources from this interview:
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.