When you are a business person, it’s difficult to find a balance between these two things. You learn to prioritize and sometimes end up feeling guilty that you don’t have time to spend with your family or your business doesn’t bring many results and needs more attention.
In this episode, Dana Malstaff shares how to manage a business and have a family without being overwhelmed.
We’ll go together through the questions on how to manage a business when you are a parent, how to delegate your work and how to spend quality time with your family.
Dana is the CEO and Founder of Boss Mom. She is a mother, author, speaker, business strategist, podcaster, blind spot reducer, and movement maker.
She launched the Boss Mom brand with her first book Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro and quickly grew to a six-figure business within a year.
Now she has over 20k students in various courses helps women all over the world raise their businesses and babies at the same time.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Dana Malstaff
- [01:58] Dana shares how she quit her job, started her consulting business six years ago and, as many people that are new in business, did the right things in the wrong order
- [04:33] The moment when she started to realize what she wants her business to be
- [06:31] How being an entrepreneur helps Dana be a better mom
- [09:44] How to find a balance between managing a business and being with kids
- [12:54] How Dana schedules her week
- [15:53] How she started delegating her work and what team she has now
- [19:59] Why she has many people in the team that specialize in a specific area instead of having a few that can multitask
- [22:08] How Dana organizes her family schedule and quality time with the kids
- [24:25] Some ways how you can help kids to build the entrepreneurship skills from the early ages such for example curiosity and finding the solutions
- [26:23] Why Dana started a Boss Dad podcast
- [28:06] The difference in a business and family approach between women and men
- [30:02] How to deal with a guilt for what you do whether it’s growing a business or being with kids
- [32:08] How to be more productive when you manage a business and life
- [35:16] Where to find Dana online
- [35:43] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Questions that Will Help You to Manage Your Tasks More Effective
- Is there anything I need to get done that I didn’t do it, someone else can’t do their job?
- What’s one thing of the main project I have going on and what one thing I can do to tangibly move those projects forward?
- Is there one thing that I can do today that helps me make more money?
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Dana Malstaff on boss-mom.com
- Read Dana’s book Boss Mom: The Ultimate Guide to Raising a Business & Nurturing Your Family Like a Pro
- Follow Dana on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram