Often when people start a business the first motive is to get more money, chase the freedom, change the work that they don’t like, or something similar. However, sooner or later, after achieving some of the goals it doesn’t always feel satisfied.
It’s the moment when you want to give back, to contribute to others and make an impact on people’s life.
In this episode, Jacob Baadsgaard talks about the impact of giving back, hustling, and why more money doesn’t bring fulfillment.
After growing one of his first PPC clients from 25 to 250 employees, Jake realized he had a gift for using pay-per-click marketing to drive dramatic business results.
To help more companies succeed online, Jake founded Disruptive Advertising, a PPC, and CRO management agency that has helped hundreds of companies realize unprecedented growth and profitability from the online advertising.
In the four years since its founding, Disruptive Advertising has grown from two employees working in Jake’ s basement to a flourishing agency with more than 120 employees and a run rate of over $18 million – putting it at #145 on the 2017 Inc 500 list!
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Jacob Baadsgaard
- [01:51] Jacob switched several jobs till he started his own business and grew it up out of his basement
- [06:58] Why chasing money doesn’t bring a fulfillment
- [10:22] Why in the beginning he tried to build a business to show other his worth and how it affects people
- [13:01] Why it’s important to give back and how Jacob does it
- [16:35] The habits and daily routines help Jacob to feel more fulfilled in life
- [19:08] The positive habits that help impact other people’s life
- [21:07] How to adjust your planning and vision with the life you have
- [24:57] How to balance hustling and giving back when you’re a solopreneur
- [26:01] The books that impacted Jacob’s life and his biggest take away from them
- [29:34] Where to find Jacob online
- [30:29] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Books with the Ideas which will Help You to Feel Happier and Fulfilled
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown