People may need your service, but before you sell something, unless it’s really urgent and they need it right away, connect with them as a person sharing some of your personal life on social media.
In this episode with Melody Spencer we talk about how sharing your personal life on social media can help you to sell more.
Melody is a Digital Marketing & Facebook Ads Strategist with over 6 years of experience in the marketing industry. She’s helped 100’s of clients use digital marketing tactics to scale up and grow their businesses in unique, heart-centered ways. She is also a speaker, writer and host of the podcast Biz Babes with Soul.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Melody Spencer
- [02:05] Melody shares her challenges of quitting a job that she didn’t like without any plans and started her business learning from the mistakes
- [06:35] How she got involved in social media
- [07:53] Why to share some of your personal life on social media
- [09:55] How showing up as yourself helps you to sell more
- [11:33] An example of how one Melodie’s video brought her new clients
- [13:53] Share both struggles and happiness with your followers
- [16:51] Where is the balance between sharing personal life and business stuff
- [18:43] How Melody plans her social media content
- [21:38] The examples of how to use Facebook live and IGTV to show some of your personal life
- [22:59] How to start writing more personal and how Melody changed her perspective on creating the content
- [25:26] Research about what your audience wants to hear from you
- [26:50] How to engage with your audience through sharing personal life
- [27:39] How to use Instagram Stories to share personal stuff and engage with your followers
- [29:42] The advice that Melody would give to younger self when she just quit her job and was lost in what and how to build a business
- [30:30] Where to find Melody online
- [32:31] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com/83 and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Melody Spencer on swiftlysocial.com
- Try Buffer for scheduling your social media content
- Use Tailwind to schedule Pinterest posts
- Listen to the episode with Mike Kin on How to Write Emails to Your Subscribers That They Will Wait for
- Check the episode with Dana Malstaff about How to Manage a Business and Have a Family Without Being Overwhelmed
- Follow Melody on Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.