It’s always good to have several income streams. A membership program comes together with organizing and sharing your knowledge with people and developing a community.
We’ll get to the details about the pros and cons of the membership program, compare it with creating an online course and talk about how to start your program, where to host, where and how to build the community.
In this episode, Mike Morrison shares how to launch a profitable membership program.
Mike Morrison is co-founder of The Membership Guys and Member Site Academy, where he’s been the driving force behind countless successful membership businesses.
He’s the host of a popular podcast, international speaker, author of two bestselling books and has been featured on the sites such as Social Media Examiner, Huffington Post and Net Magazine.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Mike Morrison
- [01:44] Mike started an online business as a hobby a long time ago. Then he realized that there are real business opportunities that he turned into the membership sites
- [05:58] The different ways how Mike made money online before his membership site
- [08:43] What is better to create an online course or a membership site?
- [13:26] 3 C’s of the membership program: content, coaching, and community
- [14:45] What to start a membership program with
- [18:05] Decide what will be the main thing of your membership program that people will pay money for
- [22:50] The structure of a membership program that works now
- [27:10] Why to use WordPress to host a membership program
- [29:32] The alternative to WordPress services
- [30:32] How to price a membership program for B2C and B2B markets
- [35:29] The essential steps to take before you even launch the membership program
- [39:44] Where to find Mike online
- [40:36] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps to Grow the Audience for Your Membership Site
- Step 1: Find where your audience is
- Step 2: Start listening to what people say and what they complain about
- Step 3: Create free content that addresses those problems and gets people to your email list where you will nurture the relationship and sell your membership program
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Mike Morrison on themembershipguys.com
- Get the pro tips about the membership program on membersiteacademy.com
- Join Mike’s free Membership Mastermind Facebook group
- Create your membership program on WordPress
- Other platforms for hosting a membership site: Kajabi, Simplero, Thinkific
- Follow Mike on Facebook, Twitter
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and coach who helps women entrepreneurs become recognized experts and confidently sell their services. She is also a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.