Our today’s guest within about half of the year exponentially grew his personal brand on LinkedIn and as you will listen, you’ll know that he didn’t have any experience in doing that, had to overcome his anxiety of filming himself and learn the technical part.
In this episode, Frank Mengert shares how to use LinkedIn videos for personal branding.
Frank is a Founder & Creative Visionary @ ebm, a national HR technology firm. Every day he wakes up inspired to be the best version of himself – even if it is just small increments – by using three principles: LEARN, CREATE & SHARE. Learn something new, create something that didn’t exist and share something with someone.
You will learn:
- Frank lost his job so he decided to start his IT company
- Gary Vaynerchuk who told him to start posting LinkedIn videos but it took Frank half of the year to actually to listen to this advice
- How he overcame his anxiety of filming LinkedIn videos
- What Frank posted in the beginning
- Captions to the LinkedIn videos increased his reach by 3-4 times
- An example of a video context where Frank got a high level of engagement
- Frank’s process of creating LinkedIn videos
- What he uses for editing the videos and how he makes them eye-catchy
- What time works well for posting LinkedIn videos for personal branding
- What Frank would do differently if he would start all over
- What important metric to pay attention to when you post videos on LinkedIn
- How to find people to engage with to grow your audience on LinkedIn
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Frank B. Mengert on getebm.com
- Video editing software that Frank used for editing his video are Movavi, Filmora, Adobe Premiere Pro
- Add captions to your videos with rev.com
- Follow Frank on LinkedIn, YouTube
Connect with Marina Barayeva:
Marina Barayeva is an international speaker and a host of the popular podcast Marketing for Creatives. She is known authority in helping entrepreneurs become influencers in their niche. She is a TEDx speaker, has presented to audiences in Asia and North America, and has been featured in such media as ArtPeople, CCTV, China Radio International, and others.