Instagram Live is what you can use to show yourself as you are, the fun stuff you do and share the message you have. Whatever goes wrong will go away in 24 hours. But there also will be many moments when you will touch your audience.
On this episode, Alex Khan shares how to grow your audience with Instagram Live.
You will know the ways to grow your audience, get many ideas on what to stream about and how to reach more people.
Alex is Germany´s most followed social media coach and has worked with Red Bull, SKY and SAP.
During Periscope’s official launch, Alex started a case study using Periscope and social media to build his personal brand (AlexKhan.tv). Within a year, he had 400,000 followers and Huffington Post named him one of the Top 10 Live Video Influencers.
His hashtag #WeKhan registered 100 million impressions within the first three months.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Alex Khan
- [01:56] Alex shares his entrepreneurial path of different businesses that turned into the advertisement agency
- [05:28] What brought Alex to start using live videos
- [07:15] Why live video is a dialog not monologue with the audience
- [09:55] The difference between Facebook Live and Instagram Live + the Instagram Live growth hack that gives fast results
- [12:51] How to effectively use Instagram Live
- [17:03] Why bringing value and caring about people is the key to success (and examples of what you can do)
- [20:27] The first year on periscope Alex didn’t sell anything but was live every single day
- [23:35] What if you are new with the Instagram Live and nobody comes to watch it
- [27:09] The tactics that will help you to grow your audience with Instagram Live
- [31:06] Where to find the content if you want to stream every day for a year
- [35:03] The audience growth plan to implement right now
- [38:52] Where to find Alex online
- [40:50] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
6 Steps to Grow Your Audience with Instagram Live within Next Month
- Check the analytics to see what content works best and find your most active followers
- Send direct messages to your top 10% followers sharing that you are going to live stream soon
- Heavily pre-promote your Instagram live video stream
- Let people know what will be in your next video so they will want to come back again
- Have a plan for the feature episodes
- Have a giveaway as the advertisement
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Alex Khan on alexkhan.tv
- Check your Instagram statistic with Ig Analyzer
- Use your phone as a teleprompter with BigVU
- Follow Alex on Instagram, Twitter, Periscope