Have you read The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss? It talks about escaping 9 to 5 work and be able to live anywhere with the laptop. Many people succeed in that quest.
In this episode, Alex Nerney shares how to make your first six figures blogging.
We’ll cover what to start with if you want to make money blogging, how to grow your blog fast, and then how to monetize it.
Alex is the founder of Create and Go, an online blog that teaches others how to start a blog and eventually make money blogging.
Alex and his co-founder Lauren quit their jobs, sold almost everything they owned and went all-in blogging. Within their first year, they made $103,000 blogging. By year three, they are currently making over $100,000 per month online!
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Alex Nerney
- [01:45] Alex shares how influenced by The 4-Hour Work Week book he started blogging that turned out to a successful business
- [05:33] How to find the profitable niche for a blog
- [07:14] Why Alex’ first blog failed and a key element of successful growth
- [10:12] How he tested different niches and discovered the one where he made his first six figures blogging
- [11:33] How to get a lot of traffic to your blog fast
- [14:36] The consistency and patience in marketing helps you grow
- [16:40] First, focus on one marketing channel, then only when it works well for you to jump to others
- [18:36] When and how to start monetizing your blog
- [22:29] If you want to make money blogging it’s not much about quantity, but more about specificity
- [26:06] Track how effective your email marketing campaigns and affiliate links
- [27:53] Modeling other people work doesn’t always work for you (and how Alex failed in that)
- [30:48] How to set yourself up for success to make six figures blogging
- [34:00] The fast way to test content and grow your blog
- [37:04] Where to find Alex online
- [38:45] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Steps that Will Help to Grow Your Blog Within Next Month
- Step 1: Create 10 different content centered around your readers
- Step 2: Create 3 different Pins for each article
- Step 3: Track the results to see what content and what Pins performed better
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Alex Nerney on createandgo.com
- Check first Alex’ successful blog avocadu.com
- Read The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Check an episode How to Become a Digital Nomad and Manage Business Remotely
- Learn How to Get 3x More Traffic from Pinterest
- Follow Alex on Facebook, YouTube