When you plan an online product launch, it’s important how you present it and communicate with your people. Here is where you will need your copywriting skills.
In this episode, Joy Capps shares how to write a product launch copy.
We’ll talk about the winning product launches that successful entrepreneurs use, the copywriting secrets that will help you to pursuit people to buy from you and the tricks that will help you to sell more.
As an avid scuba diver who is a copywriter, marketer, and coach—Joy dives deep into the wreckage of today’s marketplace to help businesses uncover hidden treasures to connect with their customers.
Over the past 20+ years, Joy has worked with notable brands like Marvel Comics Creator Stan Lee, Compaq Computer Corp., and Enron to thought leaders like Ray Edwards, and many more.
Her goal is to help brands connect to their customers using copywriting, marketing, and business coaching strategies.
In this episode, we will cover:
- [00:22] About the episode and Joy Capps
- [00:34] One year anniversary of Marketing for Creatives show and the tips on launching your stuff
- [04:35] Joy shares her story leaving the rat race of corporate work to become a professional copywriter
- [08:17] What the product launch is
- [10:10] Three types of the product launch that entrepreneurs use more often
- [14:17] What the quick launch is and an example of using it
- [16:08] How an internal launch works
- [19:39] What psychological triggers you can use in your product launch copy and how they work
- [24:33] The copywriting tips to use in a product launch email series and landing page
- [29:47][ Storytelling is important when you sell something as it helps you to connect with your customers
- [34:10] How to nurture the relationship with your subscriber if you don’t have a product yet
- [35:21] What will help you to sell more the first day of the product launch
- [38:13] Where to find Joy online
- [39:12] For the show notes go to marinabarayeva.com/82 and subscribe to the Marketing for Creatives show
3 Types of Product Launches that Entrepreneurs Use More Often
- A seed launch is a product launch that you start without a product or email list. The goal is to get your audience to help you validate your product idea.
- A quick launch uses a specific event to offer discounts on existing products you already have on hand. For a launch, you need a special offer, and an email sequence designed to get your audience to buy now.
- An internal launch is where you do a launch just to your email list and social media followers without the support of affiliates or partners. You use it when you test your launch sequences and prove that your offer converts.
Pin the quotes on your Pinterest:
Resources from this interview:
- Learn more about Joy Capps on joycapps.com
- Use Joy’s checklist with the product launch tips in your next copy
- Learn more about Jeff Walker’s Product Launch Formula
- Learn the copywriting tips from Ray Edwards
- Follow Joy on Twitter, Facebook